Friday, June 3, 2011

What's in the bag of Girl Zilla? (Hikking Essentials for HER)


Mt. Maculot (Traverse), Batangas
"I admit, I never really imagine I would be the outdoorsy type."  Whenever I hear the words camping and hiking I would always have follow up Qs, “Would there be a restroom?” “Would it be a long walk?” Here are some must-haves for the ladies that are always on the go.

Wipes – facial wipes, wet tissue and feminine wipes.  When you’re camping overnight there are chances that there might not be any restroom near the camping site especially if you’re on the summit.  Usually the hikers get to have a shower the next day already when they descend.  So the wipes are there to help you clean yourself while you’re inside your tent changing clothes.

Anawangin Mountain, Zambales
Sunblock – it’s very important to wear sunblock!! Not just in hiking, mountain climbing, but in every outdoor activity that you do.  I just don’t sun proof my skin – I also apply sunblock lip balm to my lips.  Make sure to also wear hat/cap and arm covers and leggings for long hours of hiking. 

Scrunchies – I know scrunchies are fugly and a fashion no-no according to Carrie Bradshaw but believe me, you would be uglier with a messy hair if you don’t tie your hair.

Mt. Marami, Cavite
 Basic make up kit – this is after the hike when you’re done taking a shower and ready to go back home. don’t bring your whole kikay kit complete with eyelash curler… you just need the following – powder (loose or press powder) for loose powder make sure you put it in a small plastic container or small press powder with sponge (there are some pocket size that you can buy, better if it has SPF), lip and cheek tint – it’s handy and it has dual purpose and small comb (don’t bring a big bulky hair brush).

Deodorant – bring those that comes in small sachets, please don’t bring a bulgy deodorant or those big body sprayers.  If you want to bring cologne with you, bring some and transfer it in small plastic sprayers – you can buy the plastic containers in department stores.

-Girl Zilla




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share