Wednesday, May 4, 2011

127 Hours of lessons

127 Hours is the true story of mountain climber Aron Ralston. Para sa mga Outdoor enthusiast.

Rock versus Man, my two cents worth for this movie. A Danny Boyle film director of “Slumdog Millionaire”. Staring James Bronco, the only distinguishable actor in the film with 90% time exposure. I thought this was a low cost film, but according to IMDB estimated budget was $18Million Wow! 828M in Peso. For a film that was shoot almost in one place that does not required a lot of Hollywood magic. If there is one movie James Franco will be distinguished, so far for me this will be it.

Story line, I’ll keep it short for you to enjoy the film if ever you decided to watch it.

Mountain climber Aron Ralston played by “Franco” becomes trapped under a boulder while canyoneering alone near Moab, Utah, for 124 hours. Hehe that short.

I find the movie interesting and creative despite 90% of film only featured Bronco trapped under a boulder. Just imagine how they made it interesting to watch.

I like the film essentially since it’s all about enjoying and exploring nature, outdoor activities which lately My-self and Maianne are into. I am also akin to see what outdoor gears are most used in the film and what brand. Baka yung iba meron kami hehe.

I also wanted to share to all outdoor enthusiast few lessons I extracted from the film; that no matter how skilled, prepared you are shit might still happen out there. You can never be too complacent. Also, let’s not be too much of a risk taker, learn to distinguish your limitations. It’s not always about us, feeding our adrenaline rush. We also have a family that will suffer more for our lost, God forbid. We don’t want to end up to a situation like when Aron said “Mom, Dad, I really love you guys. I wanted to take this time to say the times we've spent together have been awesome. I haven't appreciated you in my own the way I know I could. Mom, I love you. I wish I'd returned all of your calls, ever. I really have lived this last year. I wish I had learned some lessons more astutely, more rapidly, than I did. I love you. I'll always be with you.”  While taping himself.  And this one thing I am very scared of. The film also highlights how man is capable of doing drastic measures to survive; well what could be more drastic than dying anyway…  Let’s always go home safe and sound for us to enjoy more outdoor activities.

One good lesson “DON'T BUY the cheap, made-in-China multi-tool" you’ll fin out why.

-Boy Zilla 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Bookmark and Share